Elected officials and public servants responsible for implementing the public’s right to know by ensuring the legislative compliance of the communications in an attempt to influence them. Concretely, they should :
- ensure the lobbyists they meet are registered in the Lobbyists Registry and comply with the Code of Conduct for Lobbyists;
- notify the lobbyists in case of non-compliance with the Act or the Code of Conduct;
- abstain from dealing with lobbyists who refuse to regularize their situation and notify the Commissioner of Lobbying of this refusal;
- cooperate with the Commissioner of Lobbying in the context of an inspection or an investigation;
- comply with the post-mandate rules.